Updated: Sept 28, 2018

Register NOW on the Partial-Load Registry:


What is the Partial-load Registry?

The Partial-Load Registry is a product of the 2017 – 2021 CAAT-A Collective Agreement that provides an increased level of job protection for partial-load faculty (i.e. teaching 7 – 12 hours per week). By registering, employees are confirming their desire for future work as a partial-load employee at Humber College for the 2019 calendar year. This registry also documents each registered partial-load employee’s job experience, including their service months, what courses they have previously taught in their time at Humber, and the School(s) in which those courses were taught.

Who can register?

Any part-time, partial-load or sessional faculty (currently or previously employed) at Humber may register. However, part-time and sessional faculty should be aware that they will not gain hiring priority rights until after they have worked as a partial-load employee. (see “Why would I register?” below for more details).

Why would I register?

The collective agreement now requires the College to give hiring priority to registered partial-load faculty. This means that when Associate Deans and Deans determine that there is a need to hire a partial-load employee, they must consult the Registry and first offer the course a qualified partial-load faculty that has previously taught the course. To be considered as “qualified”, you must be registered with the Registry, and be either currently employed as a partial-load employee or have 8 service months of partial-load teaching in the past 4 years.  Therefore, if you do not register, you may not receive teaching opportunities that you otherwise would have been eligible to receive.

How do I register? 

Go to: and provide the necessary information.

When do I register?

You can register anytime, however, there is a deadline! The deadline to register for next year (2019) is October 30th, 2018.  At this point, there is no procedure for second chances if you miss this deadline.

I still have questions! Who can I contact?

Please feel free to contact your School Steward or the union office at any time. A list of your local stewards can be found here: