last updated: Nov. 9, 2017
A forced vote has been called
The Colleges are having us vote on a bad deal. Please read the documents in this explainer page to understand why a Reject Vote is essential. If you missed it, watch the full video of our Vote to Reject meeting on November 9.
More information on the current situation:
- OPSEU’s post and press conference on the breakdown in negotiations
- Information on the Nov. 14-16 online vote
- The College’s offer to be voted on
Other details, for your reference:
- We are posting regular updates on our blog, as well as our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts
- Strike Preparation for Faculty (step-by-step instructions for faculty)
- Faculty only: Sign up for mailing list HERE!
- Background on bargaining at Ontario Colleges.
OFFERS OF SETTLEMENT
- These Bargaining Bulletins give a summary of the larger issues college faculty are facing during this round of bargaining:
ONTARIO COLLEGES AT 50: A BETTER PLAN
- These brochures provide an in-depth look at specific issues and are accompanied by videos, available on the OPSEU College Faculty website.
BARGAINING FACT SHEETS
- These Bargaining Fact Sheets give detailed insight of the concerns and challenges that faculty are currently facing, and would like to address in this round of bargaining:
LETTERS OF SUPPORT