Last Update: March 29, 2021
As a full-time professor, you are a member of the academic bargaining unit and are covered by the Academic Employees Collective Agreement. This agreement extends to all partial-load and full-time faculty throughout all 24 Ontario colleges. The current 4-year collective agreement will expire on September 30, 2021.
As a member of this bargaining unit, you receive the salary, benefits and professional conditions that have been negotiated by the Ontario Public Service Employees’ Union (OPSEU), on your behalf. As such, union dues are automatically deducted from your pay. Even so, you are not a member of our local (Humber Faculty Union) until you have signed your membership card.
Membership into our local is free and comes with many advantages, including allowing you to have a voice during negotiations, and in the event of a strike, eligibility for strike benefits such as strike pay. An electronic membership application form is available here:
- OPSEU Membership Application Form (please fill out all highlighted fields)
Please completed the application form and return it to our office (F105) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some important links:
- Collective Agreement 2017-2021 (the new collective agreement builds on this pre-existing one)
- Arbitration Award (Dec 16, 2017)
- Advantages to signing your membership card
- Decoding the SWF
- Full-Time Faculty Benefits Booklet (2019)
- List of Local 562 stewards, officers and committee representatives
- Union Basics – OPSEU
- Professional Development Leaves (Sabbaticals)
Please subscribe to our mailing list (private non-Humber email address only) to receive updates and reminders on issues that concern all faculty at Humber College.
Lastly, I would like to invite you into our office to review your initial salary calculation. One of our officers would be happy to go over the calculation with you, and answer any other questions you may have.
Ways to reach us:
– in person: F105, Humber College north campus
– by phone: 416-675-6622 ext. 4007
– by email: email@example.com (general inquiries)
We wish you the best of luck at Humber College!