Last Update: July 15, 2020
Welcome to Humber!
As a partial-load professor (teaching more than 6 hours per week, and up to 12 hours per week), you are a member of the academic bargaining unit and are covered by the Academic Employees Collective Agreement. This Agreement extends to all partial-load and full-time faculty throughout all 24 Ontario colleges. The current 4-year collective agreement will expire on September 30, 2021.
As a member of this bargaining unit, you receive the salary, benefits and professional conditions that have been negotiated by the Ontario Public Service Employees’ Union (OPSEU), on your behalf. As such, union dues are automatically deducted from your pay. Even so, you are not a member of our Local (Humber Faculty Union, OPSEU local 562) until you have signed your membership card.
Membership into our local is free and comes with many advantages, including allowing you to have a voice during negotiations, and in the event of a strike, eligibility for strike benefits such as strike pay.
An electronic membership application form is available here:
- OPSEU Membership Application Form (please provide a non-Humber email address)
Completed application forms can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Documents for you
- Collective Agreement 2017-2021 (paper copies are available at our Local’s office – F105 North Campus)
- Benefits Booklet for Partial-Load Faculty (2019)
- Partial-Load Faculty Entitlements (2019)
- Joining the CAAT Pension Plan (2017)
- List of Local 562 stewards, officers and committee representatives
- Union Basics – OPSEU
- Calculation for Step (Pay) Increases
Stay in Touch!
Please subscribe to our mailing list (private non-Humber email address only) to receive updates and reminders on issues that concern all faculty at Humber College.
You can reach us:
- by email: email@example.com
- by phone: 416-675-6622 ext. 4007
- in person: F105, Humber College north campus
We wish you the best of luck at Humber College! We’re here to support you, so don’t hesitate to get in touch.