Job Opportunity – Administrative Assistant, OPSEU Local 562
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Humber College, 205 Humber College Blvd, Toronto ON, M9W 5L7
(current working remotely from home, with plans to return to the office upon full resumption of face-to face-operations at Humber College)
Reports To: Local President, OPSEU Local 562
Start Date: immediately
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: $25.38 – $29.42 per hour
Humber Faculty Union (OPSEU Local 562) is seeking an organized, personable, and dedicated individual to fill this full-time position.
- Greet members and respond to general inquiries (phone, walk-in, email), or redirect inquiries to the appropriate individual
- Obtain and organize data in electronic format
- Attend and support union meetings, including booking rooms, ordering food, preparing attendance records, and recording/preparing minutes.
- Serve as point of contact for the delivery of documents for the College
- Process administrative documents for OPSEU head office
- Ensure College documents are delivered on time, and follow-up on missing documents
- Update Local electronic databases
- Assist the Local Treasurer with the Local budget and expenditures
- Determine office needs and order supplies
- Contact and sign up new members of the Local
- Ensure collective agreement timelines are met
- Maintain the Local’s shared directory (DropBox) in an organized manner, and backup files on a regular basis
- Maintain and update the Local’s mailing list (MailChimp), website, and social media
- Work on special projects as directed from time to time
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Friendly and personable character, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Requires excellent time management and organization skills
- Technologically adept and experience with the following software/applications:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- MailChimp (asset)
- Zoom (asset)
- WordPress (asset)
- Tact, diplomacy, and empathy skills required
- Experience with basic office management
- Knowledge of the CAAT-A collective agreement is an asset
- Knowledge of OPSEU organization, structure and policies is an asset
- Knowledge of Humber College organization, structure, and policies is an asset
- Knowledge and interest in social media is an asset
- Experience in a unionized workplace is an asset
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest, resume, and references to:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to COVID-19, written applications are currently not being accepted.
Open Date: November 16, 2020
Close Date: November 25, 2020, or until position filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OPSEU Local 562 supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQ2S+ workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are proud members of OPSEU and represent over 1,200 partial-load and full-time professors, instructors, librarians, and counsellors at Humber College. Our office is located at Humber’s north campus in Etobicoke.
PDF version: OPSEU 562 – Administrative Assistant Opportunity.pdf